Advice on iPhone connecting to Wireless

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DuFFy, Jan 6, 2008.

1. DuFFy macrumors regular

So I've run out of ideas. I contacted my ITs on campus here at Drexel to tell me how i would setup the iPhone for the wireless, way before i had it. So i just got back today and what they told me to do doesnt work. They said to set it up like i would any other computer, register the MAC address and then put in the password when prompted. I did just that and my phone still will not connect, its says connection failed. Now the tutorial on the School website has nothin about using iphones and the IT came out and told me he doesnt know how it works with the iPhone. Soooo, i dunno. I tried to see if i could copy what it say about OS X and do that to the phone but obviously we cant access the settings of the wireless like you could a Mac so it wont work. Anyone have any idea what i could try doing??

2. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

There shouldn't be any issues at all. It's just like any other wireless device. You're not using a VPN or other exotic connection method so there's no issues there. There are plenty of configuration options in the phone for wireless. It should be no different from setting up the Mac.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

What I've done in the past...

whether operating on WiFi at UC Berkeley, San Francisco State, or Berkeley City College requires that I "login" using my email address or account name, press DONE; then enter "password" and press DONE; then press "LOGIN" and that should do! Many times when I first logged-in, I would press "GO" and the procedure would fail, so I began pressing "DONE" and then press "LOGIN" after user/account name and password were entered. I use WiFi anytime I'm on one of these campuses which is 10X faster than EDGE, but there are some dead spots on these campuses, then I'll end-up using EDGE. Turn ON your WiFi, and the iPhone will select a number of WiFi names, just make sure you SELECT the one that you want to use, then follow the procedures listed above. Hope this helps! :cool: