Advice on iPod Touch purchase.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by macbookairman, Aug 16, 2008.

1. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

I've been saving up for an iPod Touch since it was introduced. I finally have the money to get the 32GB iPod Touch. My issue is whether or not I should buy the current version and then exchange it when the new version comes. I would like to have one by next Friday as I am going on a short vacation.

I guess I'm not sure about the return policy for Apple Stores (I would buy it an an apple store). If i've already opened it and the next version comes, can i still exchange it for a new version? will there be a restocking fee? Also how long would I have to exchange it?

I personally think that the iPod Touch pricing will change, with the 8GB model being dropped, and the 16GB model taking the price of the current 8GB model, with the 32GB taking the 16GB price.

thanks for any advice.

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

You'll have fourteen days to exchange it at a 10% restocking fee. However, don't forget that even if they are announced on one day, they won't be available for a few days beyond that. Seriously, though, don't try to cheat the system by getting something that you're only going to return.

3. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

If a newer model is introduced within 14 days of your purchase, you can exchange your current model.

The restocking fee you were on about is 10%.

Refurb store prices are typically a little bit cheaper, yes.

4. ib4walrus macrumors regular

"Buy it if you need it."

If you must have it for your short vacation then buy it. If not I would say wait till later when the supposed updates are announced. You wouldn't want to buy one now if you know later on when the newer ones come out you'll regret your purchase would you? And since you said that it took a while to save up money, choose to spend it in a way so that you will be happy with whichever you will buy.

5. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

Put the need in one hand and the want in the other. Which one is heavier?
    Need you get now. Want you get when the new one comes out.