Advice On Macbook Cancellation

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
1,826
2
Hi all,
I dont know much about the law but my macbook order just got cancelled. i ordered it on the 3rd September and it was estimated to arive on the 11th. Anyway yesterday, i received an email from Apple saying that they have cancelled it because they no longer have any of them (BTW it is a refurb). I would not have minded this if they told me after one day but i have been waiting for 23 days and then they tell me that i cant have it.
Is there anything that i can do in conjunction with my rights??
I would appreciate all comments.
Thank you
 

w8ing4intelmacs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2006
546
3
East Coast, US
yellow said:
I would start by calling them and asking why it took so long for them to cancel it.
i agree. i wouldn't start angry though. they might sell you a brand new macbook for close to refurb price. ask something like "isn't there anything you can do? i've been waiting almost a month."
 

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
16,033
1
Portland, OR
Is there anything on the refurb site about items not being available isn't their problem?

w8ing4intelmacs said:
i wouldn't start angry though.
And I agree with that.

"You get more flies with honey than vinegar" isn't a cliché because it's false..

Be polite, but firm.

I ordered this refurm on X. It was cancelled. What I'd like to know is why it took 23 days to cancel it. 23 days where I've been waiting for my expensive product. What can you do to help me?
 

OnceUGoMac

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
914
0
®îçhå®? said:
Is there anything that i can do in conjunction with my rights??
You have a right for Apple to sell you a refurb. That's awesome. Kidding aside, there's not much you can do. If they don't have it, they don't have it.
 

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
16,033
1
Portland, OR
Beyond that.. they're offering a 20-inch cinema display refurb for $599 on the US site.. wow I want to buy that.
 

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
1,826
2
There is nothing on the site but only in an email. Yeah i was gonna call them but have been so busy at the moment anyway. It was quite a bit less than refurb price anyway at £722 so i preferably want it at that price again.
 

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
1,826
2
Well i called Apple but they do not have any MB or MBPs forrefuirb at all. They also do not expect anymore untill the end of October. Now, in the UK, it normally takes 1 month after product releases to get the refurb on the store.
In conjunction with this, not many other retaillers have any in stock so i think that instead of harassing them, i will wait until a week on tuesday because that is when i think that there will be un update and ill then buy it from PCW for a lot less with a C2d chip.
 

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
1,826
2
Nope. They were fairly apologetic but did not know why it took so long to cancel it.
 

Gizmotoy

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
1,081
118
®îçhå®? said:
Nope. They were fairly apologetic but did not know why it took so long to cancel it.
Not to bring "the enemy" up, but then my next question would have been "How long do you think it would have taken for Dell to notify me they didn't have any refurbs available?" Which is a trick question, because you buy machines by serial number on their outlet store.

They obviously can't control how many refurbs they have in stock. If they don't have any, they can't sell you one. However, did you ask for a deal on a new one due to the long wait time even they can't explain? They're not going to offer if you don't ask. I bet they would have done something.
 

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
1,826
2
Gimzotoy said:
Not to bring "the enemy" up, but then my next question would have been "How long do you think it would have taken for Dell to notify me they didn't have any refurbs available?" Which is a trick question, because you buy machines by serial number on their outlet store.

They obviously can't control how many refurbs they have in stock. If they don't have any, they can't sell you one. However, did you ask for a deal on a new one due to the long wait time even they can't explain? They're not going to offer if you don't ask. I bet they would have done something.
After they said thst they didnt have any in stock, i put everything together and concluded that an update was imminent and i can get a C2D MB for £800 if apple keep their prices the same.
 

Gizmotoy

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
1,081
118
I see. I doubt anything will come out anytime soon, though. MBs are still showing 1-3 day shipping times, and people have been receiving them and having new ones shipped all week. That typically doesn't happen on the eve of a new release.

It's probably just as they say... they don't have any refurbs to give you.
 

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
1,826
2
Gimzotoy said:
I see. I doubt anything will come out anytime soon, though. MBs are still showing 1-3 day shipping times, and people have been receiving them and having new ones shipped all week. That typically doesn't happen on the eve of a new release.

It's probably just as they say... they don't have any refurbs to give you.
But they dont expect any UNTIL the end of october. That signifies a launch to me as no other retailers have them in stock either.
 

Gizmotoy

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
1,081
118
Well, it is widely expected that they will be updated before November. It seems odd that they can put an expected date on refurbed laptops. I mean, laptop gets sent back, they fix it, they sell it again. It seems silly to think they won't get a broken one to fix until the end of October. It's an odd statement, that's for sure.

I hope you're right, I'm waiting for the update and I'd prefer sooner to later.