Advice on MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mully1121, May 14, 2012.

1. mully1121 macrumors member

I'm looking to buy a refurb from the Apple store. I've got it narrowed done to 2 (for now) and my main issue is the graphics card. One has an Intel HD Graphics 3000 and AMD Radeon HD 6750M and the other has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR3 memory.

I'm only looking to play World of Warcraft and Diablo 3 really and I'm having trouble figuring out which one would be better. Keep in mind I'm currently rocking a 2006 MacBook Pro with an ATI Radeon X1600. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

3. aaps59 macrumors regular

aaps59

For anything gaming, I would really stay away from Intel integrated graphics. In the end, they just suck!

4. mully1121 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, it looks the 6750M is the better choice. Its late though and I'm tired, I should probably look at it when I'm not sleep deprived.

Well, with the exception of the 13in all the current MBP have both an integrated and dedicated card. And I'm avoiding the 13in since all it has is the integrated graphics (I've watched my brother attempt to play games on his, not pretty).

5. ellaimac macrumors regular