Advice on MacBook to HDTV

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by grossie119, Mar 15, 2011.

1. grossie119 macrumors newbie

Forgive me for being so clueless about a Mac (it's my wife's) but in order to connect this to our HDTV to stream Netflix, what type of adapter would I need to HDMI cable? Any recommended site to purchase?

This model is a MacBook 3,1 with Intel core 2 duo processor- in case that helps. I have no idea what that means! thanks for your help.

2. simsaladimbamba

How to: Connect a MacBook, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro to a TV

You obviously have a Mini DVI port:

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

To simplify, you need this and a HDMI cable, which can also be found on the site for rather cheap.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You need the miniDVI-to-HDMI adapter linked to in Post No. 2.

5. grossie119 thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, thanks guys (I was thinking this was a mini-display port!). Will this include audio? and doing the mini DVI to VGA or DVI , will I need an additional adapter getting to the HDMI cable? I have an HDMI cable already, but it's HDMI on both ends. Thanks a lot.

6. clarknick67 macrumors member

luckily, u realize it now.

7. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

An alternative would be Apple TV. You'll probably get better picture quality from streaming Netflix directly through it vs. using a mini DVI to HDMI. Also note that the older MacBooks don't support audio out thru the mini DVI port.

You'd need an adapter that connects both to the mini DVI and headphone jack and then to the HDMI.