advice on mb vs mbp screens

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by interpunct, Oct 17, 2008.

1. interpunct macrumors newbie

interpunct

I'm looking to replace my nearly four year old iBook G4 12", so I went to check out the new MacBooks at the Apple store last night. I was pretty disappointed by the way the screen looks on the Macbook - the colors looked washed out, no matter what viewing angle I had with it.

So does anyone know the differences between the LCDs that are used, between the MB and Pro, or even between the old Mac laptops vs the new? I never noticed my iBook screen looking as unsatisfactory as the new MacBook looked to me, and I use it for heavy photo editing all the time.

I really had just thought I could go with a new MacBook and be fine, but for all the photo work I do, I'm concerned about the screen. The only reason I'm wary of the Pro is it's size footprint; going from a 12" to a 15" is a good leap. Getting an old MacBook (like the white one) could be a solution, but in terms of computing power, I feel like I'm making a bad choice. I use Photoshop all the time, including some of the other Adobe programs.

Aside from buying an external monitor (which is in my future), what's the best choice for someone who does a lot of photo editing/Photoshop work and wants a portable machine? :confused:

2. interpunct thread starter macrumors newbie

interpunct

3. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Sorry about that. I remember a site confirming different panels, I thought it was that article.