Advice on Monitor Speakers

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by treehorn, Sep 2, 2009.

1. treehorn macrumors 6502

treehorn

Did some restructuring at work with the new configuration I've lost the connection to the sound board and its monitors, so I need something for for the G5 PowerPc I use. (Going to be updating it in February by the way).

So looking for advice/options on good ones to replace them with for FCP and Soundstudio/Soundsoap work.

Wondering if the Alesis M1Active 320 USB Stereo Monitoring System is any good (given the price, kind of doubting it) or if any of the M-Audio speakers would be a good choice (can use any of the outputs that the G5 has except for Firewire as I'm trying to keep that free for video and storage)

Thanks for any help!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

What's the price range.

I'd recommend the Behringer B2031a with a USB output.

3. treehorn thread starter macrumors 6502

treehorn

Right now I'm looking for options, as I need to present them to boss man with checkbook (those look like they would be a workable price range though...I'm guessing $500 and above would entail a good bit of convincing and $500 and below would need less and less talking into :))

Do all models come with USB (I ask because I looked for them at B&H where would would probably purchase them, and the specs there don't mention anything about USB)

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

5. treehorn thread starter macrumors 6502

treehorn

Yes, and 99% of it is the editing of live concerts, shows, theater.