Advice on Phone, Will they Accept it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheRiseofTheFal, Jan 23, 2009.

1. TheRiseofTheFal macrumors regular

TheRiseofTheFal

Hey guys,

I've got the white iphone 3G and right now theres a stuck green pixel right above the second column. I've tried the online resources for fixing it and its still there. See the tricky part of my questions is, I've taken my phone to the apple store before just for some standard maintenance and they said the indicator spot in the dock connector has been tripped. The phone hasn't been exposed to water, just moisture from working out. The stuck pixel just happened and I'm not sure. Will they accept a return for a screen problem that is independent of the tripped spot or am I SOL?? I know this sounds like a stupid question, i just feel like you all would be far more knowledgeable about this than me

2. synagence macrumors 6502a

I was in an apple store getting mine replaced but the guy getting dealt with before me was getting his 1st gen iphone swapped and the conversation was very lighthearted and fun *UNTIL* the genius used their little scope to see the spots clearly and then it turned a little more professional and quizzical.

THe genius questioned this guy quite a lot, asking in slightly different manner about the water spot.... after a few minutes of questioning he did finally agree to replace

Talking to the genius after he said that the spot isn't just a on / off thing it changes colour in a more gradual manner...

There are also two spots ... one is in headphone jack and is clear to see but is actually covered, the other is in the dock connector ... its meant to be a submersion trigger not a moisture one ... i would take it to an applestore and ask them to check both spots .... it can't have been submerged if both aren't tripped

If they are both tripped then the genius said that they are really NOT meant to replace