Advice on purchase, $2500 budget

Discussion in 'iMac' started by LaloG, Mar 9, 2015.

1. LaloG macrumors member

Hello everyone, like the title says, I'm going to start a new hobby and my budget is $2500. What do you all suggest would be the best bang for my buck. I currently have a 2010 macbook pro which is starting to show it's age. It has only 4GB, my HD is almost full, the battery doesn't last very long, and when I start to edit photos (started in iphoto and moving on to photoshop and lightroom). The screen has started to go black on me when using iphoto and sometimes in photoshop which leads me to believe that there's some kind of glitch in iphoto. I have a canon 40d currently and would be getting a 5D sometime next year. So, would you all recommend the rImac or perhaps a different scenario where I could get a new laptop (refurbished or some kind of discount through work) plus a Dell screen or maybe a 21" with a macbook pro, etc. I'm really open to any suggestions which you all may think would be best for my situation. I need something that can handle photoshop and lightroom. Thank you all for your help.

2. strukt macrumors member

strukt

All iMacs on the market today are able to handle Photoshop and Lightroom. The question is how much money you are willing to spend on it. Your budget can get you the base retina imac. It is more than enough for that type of work.