Advice on purchase

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NZfly, Jul 30, 2014.

1. NZfly macrumors member

Hey guys.

Earlier this year I stupidly bought a cmbp 13 inch instead of paying for the retina now that the new ones have come out with the 8gb standard I've really been trying to decide whether I should upgrade the ram and hd to an ssd on my current mbp or whether I should try and sell it to pay for a new 2014 model rmbp.

I've just started developing apps and I want to do a bit of light gaming on it.

Any advice?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The so-called "cmbp" I thought was something that came out years ago. I don't follow why you think it was stupid to buy a machine in 2013 that came out in 2013. To each their own though.

Is the 2013 failing you somehow? Upgrade what you can unless the upgrade cost will exceed what you will lose from the sale and purchase of a new one. Retina is not a necessary feature in my book but it is nice.

3. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

Depending on where you sold your cMBP. You could still get a good amount for it. My guess is, you would probably have to come out of pocket at least 400-500 after the sale to get into a new rMBP.

Depending on size of ssd etc, you would probably spend 200-300 upgrading your cMBP.

If it wouldn't break you, I would say go ahead and sell yours and get a new one. You'd gain a significantly better display as well as a much lighter and overall faster machine.

4. Meister Suspended

Meister

Its a personal choice. The cmbp is quite the workhorse with an optical and lots of usefull ports.

I would not sell it.