advice on purchasing MBA needed

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by parkbennink, Apr 11, 2011.

  1. parkbennink macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2011
    #1
    Hey guys
    Is it still sensible to buy this current MBA at the moment?
    i've been told that i should wait for the new sandy bridge MBA which should appear around June-July.
    At the moment im running my old Macbook from 2007, She's still going strong but yea...i need an upgrade.

    MBA would be my secondary computer as i have an iMac to use at home already.

    So what do you guys reckon? buy the current MBA or wait for sandy bridge

    regards
    MBA nub
     
  2. SR71 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2011
    Location:
    Boston, MA
    #2
    Nothing has been confirmed yet, it is all just speculation. Also, keep in mind that even if the MBA does get a refresh in June, it will most likely be given the IGP 3000 which is awful compared to the NVIDIA 320m in the current MBA, and for some, that's huge.
     
  3. aleni macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2006
    #3
    for use as a secondary machine, i think it's ok buying the current gen, especially since it has 320M than the intel crap 3000.
     
  4. Onimusha370 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2010
    #4
    get it now,
    if its a secondary machine (like it is for me) the bump in processor won't make much difference at all, and you'll see worse graphics performance, so the current model is great for everything you should need; atleast until ivybridge
     

Share This Page