Advice on Radio/Hi-Fi to use with classic itrip?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by RzrbldeSuitcase, Jul 14, 2008.

1. RzrbldeSuitcase macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of advice on buying a radio or hi-fi for use with my ipod 80gb classic and a griffin itrip. Personally i like how you can use the ipod as a kind of remote for music coming out of a hi-fi.

All I would need is an analogue radio feature, but i'd like some decent speakers with it, which as you can imagine is not easy to find because most stereos with analogue radios as a feature is normally with low-quality speakers like clock radios, etc..

So if anyone could recommend any product to take a look at, that would be great, I'm based in the UK, I hope someone can point me in the right direction because I am a bit lost.

As a budget I'd like to spend around £50 but could spend up to £100.

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

unless the iPod/iTrip is positioned near the stereo, and is stationary, the quality of the signal is going to be **@*tacular. So I think the idea or a remote, moveable iPod broadcasting to the stereo is a non-starter.

3. RzrbldeSuitcase thread starter macrumors newbie

Hiya mate, cheers for the response fella but its my understanding that the problem with poor quality is more of a problem across the pond, I've never had any problem before in the uk, using past ipods and my old hi-fis.

I believe its because of the much higher intereference with radiowaves in north america; due to lack of local radio stations in the uk, there isn't a station anywhere near the 87.9fm frequency here in the uk. I've used the irtip with two hi-fis and three car radios without any problem, so shouldn't think that will be a problem for me.

4. RzrbldeSuitcase thread starter macrumors newbie