Advice on rebate

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jshelton, Aug 4, 2008.

1. jshelton macrumors 6502a

I purchased a Macbook last week but chose not to take advantage of the free after rebate iPod Touch. I am regretting the decision now. I really want that Touch. What are the chances that I can work something out with Apple so that I can get the Touch. I ordered the Macbook @ Apple Online. I have only had it since Wednesday. I appreciate any advice...

2. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

I think its kind of a "do it now or never" kind of deal... call 1-800-my-apple and ask them though.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Unless you can find an issue with your computer where you would have to exchange it, you are out of luck. Also you have to be a student to be eligible…

4. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

What were your reasons for not getting the rebate?

5. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I'd be interested to know as well, because it seems kind of silly to not get a free iPod Touch, even if you just gave it away free to a friend or family member,

6. jshelton thread starter macrumors 6502a

I got it!

Ok...the reason I didn't get it is because I have always been weary about rebates. A free ipod touch just sounded too good. I read some forums and A LOT of people mentioned that they had problems getting the rebate. I just didn't want the hassle. I started regretting the decision so I decided to post and see what you thought.

I called this morning and asked if it was too late to get the promotion even though I ordered the Macbook last week. She said it wasn't a problem and she put in the order for me. The 8GB Touch should be here Friday!

Chalk one up for Apple Customer Service...

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yeah you just paid $300, but is it on the same receipt? AFAIK they can't audit an receipt to show something you didn't buy before! So you won't get the rebate until it shows up on the same receipt.

Also what hassles? You put in your receipt number than they mail you a check in like 3 days. No 6 week wait, no UPC mailing.

8. jshelton thread starter macrumors 6502a

Order number

That is just it; I was under the impression that I would have to mail in UPCs and receipts and that it would take a while. I now know that the info is entered on their website. I don't even have receipts, just emails.

Although the Macbook and Touch were ordered at different times, she told me that the renate would apply because the two items have the same order number.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I hope she's right, cause I was told that it has to be on the same receipt/invoice.

10. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

From canada, the rebate is a huge pain because you need to mail in UPCs. It still worked for me when I did it, though.

11. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Hey, that's great that you got it! Apple Customer Support has always done me right, I'm glad someone else has a positive experience!

12. jshelton thread starter macrumors 6502a