Advice on replacement Battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Splutterbug, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Splutterbug macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a 2007 2.33 MBP which I'm trying to get the absolute most out of, I've upgraded the hard drive, I have an extra gig of ram on it's way to max it out at 3 Gig. All that's left is the practically dead battery which if I go through Apple is the most expensive upgrade of all (£100).

I've seen lots of unofficial battery's on ebay and amazon and wondered what the opinion was, am I going to get significantly less charge for my money? They are about 2/3 cheaper (£30). If I am to go for a cheaper non Apple branded battery are there any recommendations there are so many different brands.

Thanks

2. Splutterbug thread starter macrumors newbie

Bump

Any advice or comments on buying batteries for a Macbook Pro?

3. Tears Apart macrumors 6502a

Tears Apart

1) I think that you should buy the cheaper no-brand batteries, since your computer is already a bit outdated and perhaps it's not worth to invest too much on it. I have never bought unofficial mbp batteries, but I did buy some for my camera (at 1/5 price) and remain very happy with it.

2) If you want to go the official way instead, go to an Apple Store or call AppleCare and complain how you never were happy with the battery and brag about this and that and they will offer you a discount on a new battery ;)

4. ddehr026 macrumors 6502

I would see if you can find a actual apple battery used in good condition on ebay. I have seen those third party's flake out in a few months...

5. Tears Apart macrumors 6502a

Tears Apart

replacing a used battery with a used battery? hmm...

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I would never trust a battery that didn't come from Apple.