Advice on scanner/printer for newbie buying a new iMac

HeatherJ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
Advice on scanner/printer for newbie buying a new iMac

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey All,
I've been reading the forums for some time now and am finally going to pose the one question I haven't quite found an answer to.

Background:
Going in to buy my first iMac tomorrow (24" 2.8 ghz...) and being the PC user that I have always been, I currently only have an HP printer/scanner that I am not real fond of for scanning photos. My reason for getting a mac is to further develop my love of editing videos and photos. I've got plans to re-create a lot of family photos and such and am wondering what middle of the road scanner (in price) you mac pros would suggest. I want something that isn't the cheapest but isn't going to set me back even more after my purchase tomorrow. Ease of use is my first concern though as the scanner/printer I have now, you have to have a memory stick in it for it so save to the computer and it can be very cumbersome and non-intuitive.

Thank-you for any advice you may give me....as I said, I'm a novice that is anxiously awaiting her purchase tomorrow!!

Heather

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Whatever you do, remember to use that free $100 off Apple gives its customers. Checkout which printers/scanners qualify on Apple's site and compare their specs. I honestly don't scan too often, so I can't really help you there :eek: but I can make sure you don't miss out on a free $100 rebate.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
No problem. However, you have to buy the printer with your Mac, so if you were planning on buying it tomorrow, you only have a limited amount of time to do research! You may want to hold off for a day or two so you can choose the printer/scanner that you think will be the best for you.