Advice on scanner/printer for newbie buying a new iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by HeatherJ, Oct 31, 2007.

1. HeatherJ macrumors newbie

Advice on scanner/printer for newbie buying a new iMac

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey All,
    I've been reading the forums for some time now and am finally going to pose the one question I haven't quite found an answer to.

Background:
    Going in to buy my first iMac tomorrow (24" 2.8 ghz...) and being the PC user that I have always been, I currently only have an HP printer/scanner that I am not real fond of for scanning photos. My reason for getting a mac is to further develop my love of editing videos and photos. I've got plans to re-create a lot of family photos and such and am wondering what middle of the road scanner (in price) you mac pros would suggest. I want something that isn't the cheapest but isn't going to set me back even more after my purchase tomorrow. Ease of use is my first concern though as the scanner/printer I have now, you have to have a memory stick in it for it so save to the computer and it can be very cumbersome and non-intuitive.

Thank-you for any advice you may give me....as I said, I'm a novice that is anxiously awaiting her purchase tomorrow!!

Heather

2. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Whatever you do, remember to use that free $100 off Apple gives its customers. Checkout which printers/scanners qualify on Apple's site and compare their specs. I honestly don't scan too often, so I can't really help you there :eek: but I can make sure you don't miss out on a free $100 rebate.

3. HeatherJ thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the $100 advice! I'll be sure to check it out.
    H

4. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

No problem. However, you have to buy the printer with your Mac, so if you were planning on buying it tomorrow, you only have a limited amount of time to do research! You may want to hold off for a day or two so you can choose the printer/scanner that you think will be the best for you.