Advice on security cable for MacBook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MacNeofighter, Aug 8, 2007.

1. MacNeofighter macrumors newbie

Hello all,
    I'm new to MacRumors (great resource!) forums so please excuse any faux pas! (such as whether this is the correct forum to post this question--seems like the Buying tips is just for Mac computer buying tips vs accessories now?)

So I did a search on prior postings related to this topic and did not find the info I was looking for.

I will be traveling with a MacBook for conferences at which hundreds of people will use said macbook to type in their names and e-mails for registration purposes at a table that I will be staffing. Computer data security aside, I want to know which security cable locks you recommend to physically secure a macbook to variously sized tables, because I don't want the macbook to disappear while I'm distracted by my other duties/dealing with the masses.

I've read some reviews from the Mac Store and other independent sites and there doesn't really seem to be a consensus on which lock is the best for Macbooks. Issues with the lock fitting the laptop security slot, damaging the Macbook, etc. I'd like a cable because it will be the most portable. I also want it to be at least 6' long to give me the most flexibility as far as wrapping it around objects and securing the Macbook.

I appreciate any personal experience, information, advice you can offer.
    Thanks!

2. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut