Advice on selling 13" Macbook (white) for parts

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Isabella1881, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Isabella1881 macrumors newbie

Liquid damage sadly damaged the logic board of my white Macbook, purchased in 2006 but (pre-water damage) in excellent condition. The computer will not power on, and there is visible corrosion on the logic board. Could anyone give me advice on selling it for parts (all except for the hard drive, which I will hold on to)? Someone has expressed interest in purchasing the LCD, but I don't have experience taking computers apart. Would it be a bad decision for me, a complete amateur, to try take out the LCD, or would it be better to just sell the whole thing to someone in need of parts and more expert in computer assembly? Also, what is a fair price for a used Macbook with a damaged logic board, including a good battery and plug but minus the hard drive?
    Thanks for any suggestions!

2. sonspot macrumors member

how much are you looking to get for the whole unit? or how much will you take for it.. send me a pm

3. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

You should try to have it fixed and sell it as working, instead of giving up and selling it for pennies.

It'll get $250 on ebay if you don't **** with it. the LCD is worthless, they can be had for $58 shipped new. I imagine used it's even more worthless.

4. Isabella1881 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice. Could you suggest any good place in LA that fixes logic boards?