Advice on selling Unibody MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Fenix85, May 25, 2009.

1. Fenix85 macrumors member

I bought my MacBook in November and starting to seriously consider selling it now. The situation is that I have started photography with a DSLR camera and want to purchase CS4 at the education discounted price when you buy a Mac. I know that the back to school program will start in a few months (not sure if I can combine those two). I figure I can sell my MacBook for a decent price and sell the iPod that is usually bundled with the back to school program. Maybe Snow Leopard will be included by then, or at least some kind of cheaper upgrade price. I have also heard rumors that the new MacBooks come with better screens, not sure how reliable this is. I own a 2.0 MacBook and might even consider upgrading to the 2.4 since I've noticed I use it a lot in the dark and backlit keys would be very nice. I know there's a lot of maybes in there but I figure I could sell it for $1100 and sell the iPod for around $200. The 2.4 and CS4 would be about $1900 w/ tax. So for around $600 I have a new 2.4 Macbook, 1 year warranty, bigger hardrive, backlit keys, CS4 and possibly Snow Leopard and a better screen. Does this sound plausible? Anyone heard about these rumored improved screens and can I purchase a MacBook at the regular Back to School price and still receive the edu discount price on CS4? Thank you to anyone who got through the whole thing.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I highly doubt that any changes are going to come to the MacBook line for a while, at least until Closer to the end of the year. If you still want to sell your computer you can probably get the best price for it on craigslist.