Advice on service contracts for Mac support please

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by CortexRock, Feb 22, 2008.

1. CortexRock macrumors 6502

Looking for opinions on the best way to get bought-in service for a mac pro/MacBook set-up in an otherwise all-PC environment please.

My ICT department want assurance that I have a service support contract in place before they will even consider purchasing 'non-standard' hardware.

I'm looking for either an AASP who provide ad-hoc call outs for a set fee, or a 24 hour response based on an annual retainer fee.

Any suggestions welcome - thanks!

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

3. CortexRock thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, but I was looking for something a bit more constructive than a link on the Apple website.

AppleCare is fine for home, but I need a service where I can speak to someone who speaks and understands English clearly, not someone with an unintelligible accent in a call centre in the middle of who knows where.

And I also need next day on-site service (minimum) as physically taking hardware to an Apple Store or AASP isn't an option.

There are a couple of AASPs in my area who I'm approaching for further information - really looking for any pros who have good service cover from a UK company and are willing to share.

4. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

I've NEVER had anyone with an unintelligible accent. You must be used to Dell's service, eh?

5. CortexRock thread starter macrumors 6502

The last time I used the AppleCare support line, the guy's accent was so thick I honestly couldn't understand him. Ended up taking my problem direct to the Genius Bar at my nearest Apple store - broke protocol and everything, as I didn't know I needed to make an appointment at the time!

The only other IT guys I have to speak to on a regular basis are in my office, so no real issues there - apart from the fact that I'm fighting tooth and nail to get my Mac Pro under the desk instead of the lousy HP box I'm stuck with at present. :D