Advice on the macbook pro I want to buy

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by LonezWolf1991, Dec 2, 2009.

1. LonezWolf1991 macrumors newbie

Hello there!
    I'm a college freshman and am really interested in buying myself my first Macbook pro for Christmas. I have done some research and chose to buy the high spec 15" Mackbook pro with a 7200RPM hard-drive. Is it a good choice? I will be doing some programming (will use bootcamp and parallels combination for that) and occasionally play a game or two using bootcamp.

Thanks! :D

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Assuming it fits your budget it's a fine choice.

3. MrBrekke macrumors 6502

MrBrekke

a good choose. just have in mind that there is coming a updated version soon. 1-3 months

But if the one you have seen does everything you need it to and you feel that you will be hep with it. then buy it it is a good machine.

My MBP is under a month old now. (the new one after Apple changed it for me. first one had a DOA superdrive) for me i could not wait and i can not care less about that there is coming a updated version. the machine does everything i need it to and more.

as long as you will be happy with it. buy it now.

4. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Are you on Youtube? I swear I JUST watched a video about this by someone who had a 15" MacBook Pro and got a new one because of the optical drive.

5. MrBrekke macrumors 6502

MrBrekke

:p nope. it was my 13" MBP

good service from Apple on that anyway. first one was 13 days when i treed the superdrive first time. needed to burn a dvd. called Apple and got a new one 3 days later. then tnt called to schedule pickup of the broken one the 4th day. (it was a day of love with 2 13" MBP's)

6. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

it will be brilliant... but there might be new ones out in feburary march time so evaluate your needs first [​IMG]