Advice on the macbook pro I want to buy

LonezWolf1991

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
Hello there!
I'm a college freshman and am really interested in buying myself my first Macbook pro for Christmas. I have done some research and chose to buy the high spec 15" Mackbook pro with a 7200RPM hard-drive. Is it a good choice? I will be doing some programming (will use bootcamp and parallels combination for that) and occasionally play a game or two using bootcamp.

Thanks! :D

MrBrekke

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2009
Norway
a good choose. just have in mind that there is coming a updated version soon. 1-3 months

But if the one you have seen does everything you need it to and you feel that you will be hep with it. then buy it it is a good machine.

My MBP is under a month old now. (the new one after Apple changed it for me. first one had a DOA superdrive) for me i could not wait and i can not care less about that there is coming a updated version. the machine does everything i need it to and more.

as long as you will be happy with it. buy it now.

MrCheeto

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2008
the new one after Apple changed it for me. first one had a DOA superdrive
Are you on Youtube? I swear I JUST watched a video about this by someone who had a 15" MacBook Pro and got a new one because of the optical drive.

MrBrekke

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2009
Norway
Are you on Youtube? I swear I JUST watched a video about this by someone who had a 15" MacBook Pro and got a new one because of the optical drive.
:p nope. it was my 13" MBP

good service from Apple on that anyway. first one was 13 days when i treed the superdrive first time. needed to burn a dvd. called Apple and got a new one 3 days later. then tnt called to schedule pickup of the broken one the 4th day. (it was a day of love with 2 13" MBP's)

MacKiddyWiddy

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2009
it will be brilliant... but there might be new ones out in feburary march time so evaluate your needs first