Advice on these monitors

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by apattee, Aug 5, 2007.

1. RichP macrumors 68000

RichP

2. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

If I had to choose between those 2, I'd get the Samsung for sure. They are among the top brands, not only in image quality, but also construction too.

But check out Viewsonic, Westinghouse & HP. They have some really nice 24's in this same price range too!

However, do NOT, under any circumstances, buy anything from Acer......they are totally bottom-of-the-barrell crap! Unstable imaging, ultra cheap build quality, and extremely short-term reliability. Been there, done that, 2x !

But shop around for sure, you can always find better prices by shopping around.

I recently bought an HP widescreen and love it ! Makes me wonder why I waited so long to dump my 1999 CRT :D

3. apattee thread starter macrumors regular

thanks, so do you have any suggestions on any specific model of any brand?

4. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

What are you doing with this display? Go with the Samsung, I have never heard of Doublesight. But I wouldn't buy it.

Read some stuff over at hardforum in the display section. Great information. More than you could ever need really.

5. apattee thread starter macrumors regular

i'll be doing normal web browsing, though soon I will be doing web design. what about this monitor?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824255001

my only question is the lack of a dvi port. can i buy the hdmi to dvi without it looking bad? would it look just as good? would i still be able to get the 1900 x 1200 with the adapter? thanks for your answers!

6. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

Just of note. These 24" displays are TN panels. Which means terrible color accuracy and horrible viewing angles. For web design I would not recommend them.

If you can muster up some more money get this display: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-5647

It is on sale right now for $569. Which is a great price. It is Dells 2407WFP-HC which has a 92% color gamut and better backlighting. Get this display now if you have the money. It will outperform any display you have listed in terms of what you want to do.