Advice on this JVC color production monitor

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ChemiosMurphy, May 4, 2008.

1. ChemiosMurphy macrumors 6502

Hey Everyone...

I just found this JVC NTSC reference monitor and am curious if anyone has any input on it..

Basically, I do freelance stuff and am a student in film school and do a ton of editing with a desire to learn Apple's Color. So that's what I'll be using it for...

Also, if i hook this up to a crappy minidv camcorder only for the dv pass through, does it matter that it's a crappy $<200 camcorder? I won the thing in a contest a few months ago and want to put it to use... I usually shoot with a JVC gy-hd250 at work or PD170 for school projects..

2. theWholeTruth macrumors member

The monitor is fine. I'm not a big fan of the lower end JVC color crit monitors, but I've used them and they 'work'.

However, I wouldn't use Color or try to do any serious color correction using composite; and I you're not going to be able to do component or even SDI with your current setup. I'd just get a cheap TV for now and save your money.

3. ChemiosMurphy thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the quick reply theWholeTruth, I'll def consider the cheapo tv option now... Thanks!