Advice on Unlocking/Jailbreaking iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by finist80, Mar 19, 2011.

1. finist80 macrumors newbie

Hello there,

I have a slight problem I am running into and figured I should turn to the pros for an advice before I screw things up :)

I have an iPhone 3G, which I got from a friend of mine. The phone has been jailbroken and unlocked but then my friend reset it to factory settings which locked it back up and now it works perfectly fine but with ATT only ;(

I would like to get it jailbroken and unlocked and would like to know which programs i should use/which steps i should take to get it jailbroken/unlocked

Any help or direction on this issue is greatly appreciated!

The phone is
    iPhone 3g
    Version 4.1 (8B117)
    Model MS702LL
    Modem Firmware 06.15.00

Thank you very much in advance!!!

2. Applejuiced, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. MarnolBrando macrumors newbie

THE SOLUTION:

Search on google: iphone 4 firmware, look for a page, where you can download the iphone 4 -firmware 4.1 or 4.0 and download it.
    Save it on your desktop!
    Connect your iphone to itunes, click on your iphone, press "cmd" (= the button left of your spacebar) and synchronous click "restore your iphone". Select the old firmware you saved on your desktop, and wait.
    After that go on your mobile safari to jailbreakme.com, and jailbreak. Go then to cydia and search and download "yellowsnow" or something similar. When done that, you can put in any carriet sim you want. You have to repeat this procedure an time you restore your iphone.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

He has an iphone 3G not iphone 4.
    Yellowsnow doesnt unlock his baseband, that was 2 years ago. Now its called Ultrasnow.