Advice on Upgrading

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Andrew07, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Andrew07, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011

Andrew07 macrumors 6502

My situation is a little confusing and I would greatly appreciate some feedback from others who have more knowledge regarding the situation.

My iPhone 3GS was water bricked
    For 29 days I used an unlocked iPhone 4. I went to an AT&T store and got a micro sim for it; once I had had it for 29 days I returned it to the Apple store but kept the micro sim
    Since then I've been using a family member's old flip phone. I went to an AT&T store and got a regular-sized sim card to use with it

My cell phone number is not eligible for an iPhone 4S upgrade
    On the day of the announcement I used my mother's phone number for the iPhone 4S upgrade (she was eligible) through Apple's site.
    When purchasing the 4S I had to sign up for a new 2-year contract on her number
    I am on the same family plan as my mother

Once I receive my iPhone 4S what should I do? The current plan for my phone number has unlimited data so I desperately don't want to lose that. Is the micro sim I used for the interim iPhone 4 still activated? Or did switching back to a regular sized sim card to use with this POS flip phone deactivate it?

I apologize if this is needlessly confusing and I thank you in advance for help!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You should obviously ask AT&T, as they are the ones with access to your account information.

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

You just need to go to an AT&T store and get a microsim with your number. Don't use the microsim that comes in the 4S.

Apparently you can call and have them do it but i'd rather go to the store.