Advice on when to buy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by skynryd4212, May 5, 2008.

  1. skynryd4212 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 5, 2008
    #1
    hello, i need some advice on when to buy my macbook pro.
    I will be buying it for college next fall, and the earliest i could buy it is late this month. I'm wondering if any of you think it is worth the wait for a possible update this summer, or if i should just buy one at the end of this month with my graduation money and enjoy it all summer. How sure is it that there will even be a upgrade this summer? I cant imagine its going to be a very large difference, like some other posts ive read on here its more then likely a case redesign and possibly a gpu upgrade (both of which im not extremely worried about, the current graphics are more then poweful enough for anything i'll be doing). i wouldnt be very pleased if i decided to wait, and come the end of the summer theres still not a update and i have to buy the current model closer to when it will be updated and didnt even get to use it all summer. Thanks for the advice
     
  2. Sky Blue Guest

    Sky Blue

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2005
  3. anirban macrumors 6502a

    anirban

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2007
    Location:
    Houston, TX
    #3
    Agreed. Although, there doesn't seem to be a big uproar of rumors going around in regards to MBP, but as long as it doesnt hurt, wait until WWDC.
     
  4. yaddam205 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2008
    #4
    Agreed, wait unless you actually require it to be productive.

    I'm hoping for a high rez screen in the 15.4's. There has been no talk about this but it is possible.
     
  5. MattZani macrumors 68030

    MattZani

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2008
    Location:
    UK
    #5
    Buy when you need/want

    Im buying one hopefully within the next week, MBP rumours have died down so much that im not expecting anything major, But if you dont need it until August/September then wait.

    Worst happens, you buy it, they release a new one, and you have to sell it on to upgrade, you loose around £100 - £200.
     
  6. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

    forafireescape

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2008
    Location:
    NJ
    #6
    Check the buyer's guides on this site...they're usually pretty helpful :)
     

Share This Page