iPhone XS Max Advice on XS Max battery life

ej2zo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
I’ve frequently been at about 5-6 hours of usage with about 30% of battery left. I know a lot depends on how i use the phone (safari, youtube, Facebook mostly) but I feel like my battery performance is subpar. Especially since people on here are reporting 10-11 hours of usage from 100% to 0 % of battery. Granted I havent drained my battery fully but I don’t think I’d come close to 10 hours of usage. Can the battery health reports in settings help me in knowing if I have a battery problem?

Vermifuge

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2009
how long have you had the phone? What app is listed as consuming the most energy?

ej2zo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
how long have you had the phone? What app is listed as consuming the most energy?

Heres a snap shot of my battery under settings. But this might be a bad example because today i did set down the phone on the charger a few times. I did also a little while ago close all the apps running in background.
[doublepost=1538771818][/doublepost]
I have had the phone since launch.

Attachments

Vermifuge

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2009
What the heck is eBay doing in the background? I would maybe disable background app refresh for eBay? Can you tap on it to expand the screen time vs background usage?

ej2zo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
What the heck is eBay doing in the background? I would maybe disable background app refresh for eBay? Can you tap on it to expand the screen time vs background usage?
[doublepost=1538773022][/doublepost]

Ebay app wont let me disable background app refresh

Attachments

Vermifuge

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2009
Everything else seems nominal. You must be watching or listing a LOT of items on eBay!

Vermifuge

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2009
something doesn't seem right. I have ebay installed... i have about 10 watched items, maybe more... but the app doesn't even register in my battery usage... less than 1%... yours is using almost 1/3 of your battery a day.

ej2zo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
something doesn't seem right. I have ebay installed... i have about 10 watched items, maybe more... but the app doesn't even register in my battery usage... less than 1%... yours is using almost 1/3 of your battery a day.

Hmm interesting. What could be a fix? Deleting and reinstalling app?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.