Advice over when to buy my Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by aaleric2, Jul 12, 2010.

1. aaleric2 macrumors newbie

Hi there.

I have had my Macbook for over 3 years now and am very happy with it. I wan to buy a replacement now I have the time to sort it out. However, I do not want to buy it and then discover that there is a new version of software (iLife, or new OS) and then have to buy that as well. There is also the problem of whether a new Laptop might come out. I understand that Apple have changed slightly their Macbook, but its not a major revamp. It would be great to get some advice over whether now is a good time to buy either my macbook or macbok pro based on software release or updates for a macbook. I mean even dates and times of the year when Apple normally release a new OS, and a new iLife.

Thanks for your help.

By the way, I posted this on apple discussions. So if you need more detail then please look below.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2457206&tstart=0

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

The biggest update for 13" is likely coming in early 2011 when Sandy Bridge is released, that will likely bring iX CPU to 13". It looks like Apple is skipping the iLife '10 and concentrating on iLife '11. OS X 10.7 isn't coming for at least a year, possibly more

4. aaleric2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys.

So you would say that now is a good time to buy a Macbook in terms of software?

Thanks

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Yes.

And the old credo is still valid: Buy it now, if you need it now. Wait, if you can wait.