Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hob

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
I think Mac Zealots are punishing me!!! I'd just written something negative about them, put my powerbook on my (rather large) armchair arm, stood up... actually thought "one of thes days, that's gonna fall off".... turn around....

CRASH!

It fell to the floor, screen first, and the body had snapped shut straight on top.

First the good news: Mainly undamaged - I'm typing this on it now...

Bad news: I noticed it when I'd closed it again and gone upstairs - the left side of the screen casing, which i must assume hit the floor first, has got a weird dent in it. When I shut the case it gets closer to the keyboard than it used to... If you know what I mean...

Basically, that side of the casing is dented.... The casual observer wouldn't notice, but of course - I do, and it makes me kinda upset - i've just destroyed this thing of beauty!!

What I wanna know is - can I fix it? Can I get it fixed on AppleCare (this baby's quite new!!)

Cheers guys, and sorry if i make you feel sick :rolleyes:

Krizoitz

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2003
Tokyo, Japan
It certainly won't hurt to ask thats for sure. Perhaps take it into a local retailer and they can bend it back or have a spare casing around they can swap or sell you on the cheap.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
The PowerBook 12 has a screen that comes apart, the rest of the new PowerBooks you're looking at a lot of money -- it's all single unit in Apple parts database.

But you're probably looking at over $100 for the bezel and $200 for the case top.

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
hob said:
Can I get it fixed on AppleCare (this baby's quite new!!)

not unless you can somehow convince apple that the machine dented itself... applecare only covers defects, not accidents.

hob

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
Sun Baked said:
The PowerBook 12 has a screen that comes apart, the rest of the new PowerBooks you're looking at a lot of money -- it's all single unit in Apple parts database.

But you're probably looking at over $100 for the bezel and $200 for the case top.

Yeah, it is a 12"... Can I get this fixed at any Apple Autorised Repair Centre?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.