Advice please on an issue with a Macbook Pro Case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hemmjonny, Oct 27, 2015.

1. hemmjonny macrumors newbie

Hi Guys

I have a problem with my Macbook Pro 15 retina case.

It is a Sena folio case and its the best looking case i have seen for the Macbook but the straps that hold the top part to the screen seem to be pulling the rubber seal away from the screen (it has done this on 2 screens and now started on my new screen so i have taken it off)

I email Sena about the problem but they just said that is impossible for this to happen and that i am the only one who has ever said this so they are not looking into it.

So i am like great i have a £2500 Macbook and a $120 case that i have to stick tape to the screen if i would like to use it with out damaging it.

What would you guys recommend?

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Thanks
    Jonathan

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

If it's damaging your $2500 laptop then use a different case or don't use one at all.

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

That's bad! What do you think it is about those straps that is causing this (tension, material)?

4. hemmjonny thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol thanks yes i have stopped using it. It was more advise how to deal with is as its not really a cheap case.

5. hemmjonny thread starter macrumors newbie

I think from the looks of it the elastic straps at the top 2 corners of the screen expand and contract and move when the macbook open and close's so from the looks of it is a rubbing motion across the rubber seal that is doing it.