iPad Advice please on iPad 4

Discussion in 'iPad' started by baconroll, Oct 23, 2013.

1. baconroll macrumors member

Hi. I just went into my local Apple Store in Cambridge today and they have reduced the iPad 4 by £40 to £359 for 16gb and by £60 to £419 for the 32gb. I nearly bought one there and then but need to sleep on it as the new iPad Air is £399 for 16gb out next week.. So I was wondering if anyone thinks the price of the 4 is a bargain of sorts. I know it's not as fast as the new Air will be and also been reading in here that IOS 7 is sluggish on the 4 but I used it in store and it didn't seem that slow to me. Anyone else going to get a 4 or do you think it's better to wait a week for the Air? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Of course the 4 is a bargain. But, it depends on:

What you use it for
    How you use it
    How much you are willing to spend

My Ipad 1 works fine, but I feel I really NEED/WANT to Ipad Air and will buy it.

3. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

Having the 4th gen iPad is awesome, the bezel doesn't really bug me but I see the appeal of having less in the Air. Weight wise, it doesn't bug me but shaving off almost 1/2lb of weight is pretty significant. I can't vouch for the A7 as I don't have a device with it, I do know it runs at a clock speed of 1.3ghz on 64-bit architecture as compared to the iPad 4th gens A6X running at 1.4ghz on the 32-bit architecture. Not sure how they compare side by side.
    But I can say the 4th gen runs iOS 7 flawlessly, very smooth all the time, does not crash ever and it feels solid. I felt it was a good value for it's original price.

4. baconroll thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Commy. So it seems you're happy with keeping your 4 for now. I've decided to buy the 32gb iPad 4 tomorrow. It will do me for a year until the next iteration appears.