advice please on partition

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by thewall, Jun 19, 2011.

1. thewall macrumors member

thewall

I tried to load xp on my iMAC created a 30 gig partition then had to abort as it would not load later found out xp is not supported,got hold of a win 7 disk and started to load and when it came to the create a partition there was no slider just a full mac partition of 499,the instructions said tick windows installer which i did,but this disk would not load and came up with an error 0xc00000e9,what i would like to know if it did load properly would it still create a partition of 30 gig or would it load on to the 499gig partition.

Hope i explained it ok Thanks

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

Did you run the bootcamp assistant in Mac OS before trying to install windows?

Btw, windows XP is not supported but Windows XP with service pack 2 or 3 is supported. A 30 GB partition should be okay for windows XP, but I highly recommend you up the partition up to 50 GB or greater if you want to install windows 7.

3. thewall thread starter macrumors member

thewall

Yes i did run bootcamp asst before trying to install xp sp3 and created a 30 gig partition.

When i came to install win 7 there was no slider to move to create a partition,the manual said if you have tried to install windows before click on windows installer instead of create a partition.

Has boot camp created a partition or not?

Thanks again