Advice, purchase watch in US for UK use

ryantbfh

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
UK
Hello, the Series 4 GPS works out around £80 cheaper if I buy it while I’m in Miami next month. I can’t really afford to order it until November 4th and currently if I order now it says pick up in store on November 9th. I don’t want it until November 12th (I’m assuming they would hold it for those few days).

Do I really need to order it now or would the pick up dates get better when I can order? £80 saving is a lot for me so I would ideally like to get it over there.

Thanks and sorry if this doesn’t make much sense

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
Hello, the Series 4 GPS works out around £80 cheaper if I buy it while I’m in Miami next month. I can’t really afford to order it until November 4th and currently if I order now it says pick up in store on November 9th. I don’t want it until November 12th (I’m assuming they would hold it for those few days).

Do I really need to order it now or would the pick up dates get better when I can order? £80 saving is a lot for me so I would ideally like to get it over there.

Thanks and sorry if this doesn’t make much sense
The warranty will only be honored in the US if you buy it in the US.

Also have you calculated the sales tax you will pay in Miami (7%)?

andy85

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2015
I’m also going to the USA on the 17th. Been pondering purchasing mine there too. That’s if the stock levels pick up as they look as bad as here in the uk

andysw9

macrumors member
May 2, 2014
London
Nike.com (US store) have stock of all their models. Ordered last night, it's currently flying FedEx from Memphis and will be waiting for me at my hotel in PA when I get to the US tomorrow. With tax and next day shipping still saved £60 :)

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
Nike.com (US store) have stock of all their models. Ordered last night, it's currently flying FedEx from Memphis and will be waiting for me at my hotel in PA when I get to the US tomorrow. With tax and next day shipping still saved £60 :)
Hopefully you don't need any warranty work performed.

andysw9

macrumors member
May 2, 2014
London
Apple's warranty is worldwide. I have bought iphones, ipads and apple watches in the US in the past without issue.
I can even add AppleCare when I get home if I want.

Mercenary

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
If its just a GPS model your good. If you want the cellular/mobile one then it wont work. They are not global and wont work on our UK networks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.