Advice RE the iTunes Authorisation Limit?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cosmichobo, Jun 13, 2014.

1. cosmichobo macrumors 6502

cosmichobo

G'day,

I understand Apple's need to limit how many devices can run off one iTunes account... They'd go broke otherwise... (har har) But in this new i-Age, how do people suffice with only 5 authorities???

Between myself, my wife, and 2 kids, we have 3 iPhones, 2 iPads, a MacBookPro and iMac. (Not to mention my MacMini HTPC, though thankfully it doesn't run off iTunes media.)

I need all of the devices authorised, perhaps with the exception of one iPhone (used as an iPod with minimal mostly free games)...

What are my options here?

Thanks,

cosmic

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

As far as I know, only computers count towards the limit. As you've only listed two computers you shouldn't be having trouble. Are you getting a specific error message?

3. cosmichobo thread starter macrumors 6502

cosmichobo

You are right! I fell for the oldest trick in the book... Believing what I read on the internet!

Obviously some of my old Macs had never been deauthorised... so when I tried to authorise my newish iMac, it said I'd reached my limit. I then tried googling to find a list of my authorised machines, only to find a link to how to manage my devices... which coincidentally was 5...

As I've just read, there is NO way to obtain a list of authorised computers... But yes, you can have lots of iDevices...

I've just deauthorised ALL computers, and then authorised my only 2 current Macs.

Problem solvered.

Thanks! :)