Advice regarding iPhone apps and Touch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by titaniummd, Aug 3, 2009.

1. titaniummd macrumors member

I bought some games for my daughter to play on my iPhone. I would like to get her an iPod Touch. Will the apps that I bought play on the Touch or do I have to buy the program again?

I was thinking about getting an 8GB Touch, unless you recommend 16 GB or 32 GB.

Lastly, will the new touch have OS 3.0 or the old OS?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

If you sync it with your iTunes and register is using your iTunes name and password then any apps, music, or movies you buy can play on her device just the same as yours.

It should have 3.0 if you buy online from Apple.com. If you buy in the store, question the staff to make sure it's not an old one with 2.1 on it. If you get one without 3.0 then it's a $10 upgrade, so make sure you get an answer before you buy it.

3. Harman M macrumors member

If your daughter is a teen, get the 32gb so it can fit her music taste, but if she only wants apps then a 8 will do. I would hold off til September though since that is historically new iPod month.

4. outphase macrumors 65816

You may activate your iTunes account on other computers an i-Devices you own. I know it is up to 5 for computers, but I am not sure about devices. I will assume up to 5 as well.

Therefore, you may indeed share your purchases across both devices you own.