[Advice Request] Smart Cover & Sleeve or Folio and Sleeve

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 31, 2010
Hey guys, it's been finalized I am getting the iPad!

Now I am a bit confused in terms of case combination.
A little background: College Student, Will most likely take iPad to school twice a week for notes in only 1 class [how my schedule is worked out] and will take it to work (in a hotel), and will study, games, etc.

So here is the question: which combination seems "nicer" A smart cover and a sleeve or a Folio and a Sleeve?

I have $30 to burn in Amazon G.C.s so I figured i can buy this Folio (to be released on the 29th).

OR this folio [note: this folio does not have the on/off feature, but i don't think it's a deal killer?]

Or of course the Apple Smart Cover, from the Apple store @ $40

All Three of these products will be accompanied by this sleeve from Booqbaqs (actually I'm thinking about the use and need for it with the folios? Does anyone use a folio and a sleeve?

Right now, I'm leaning towards the second folio b/c the reviews are good, just under my price, and although the sleep/on/off doesn't work, I have never used an iPad before so honestly I doubt clicking the on button will kill me). I also like the design... any opinions/suggestions?

I appreciate the help in making my first iPad a wonderful experience. Thanks MR ;)

colshine

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2011
UK
I have a Smart Cover and Sleeve and I am waiting for the Smart Feather to arrive to protect the back. My parents iPad 2 has a folio which I dislike as it adds bulk in my opinion.

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 31, 2010
thanks for the opinions guys! This may be silly, but do you think i should consider looking at "larger" sleeves, in case my folio won't fir or something. Like maybe a MBA sleeve or something? I know that there will be some shifting around and it won't be a relatively stable fit, but i could most likely fit a folio with the iPad in it?