Advice: transferring SMS messages from Nokia N95 8GB to iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lit Up*, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Lit Up* macrumors member

Hi there,

I've transferred over my contacts via iSync. Now I'm looking to transfer my SMS messages into the phone. I've searched the net and it doesn't seem that there is an easy way to do this. Why?

For me, SMS messages are just as important as my contacts and I don't see why I should not be able to transfer them over easily.

Tips very welcome!

2. Injector macrumors newbie

Hiding to nothing, I've never managed to transfer SMS from any phone when I've upgraded. You can buy programs which will get them onto your pc but then it's another matter trying to get them onto another handset. In the old days you could transfer a handful to your SIM and then off that to the new phone but I don't even think iPhones recognise SMS on the SIM card, I could be wrong. I think you can get less than 10 short SMS onto a SIM anyway. I don't understand people who keep SMS anyway, I read 'em, reply to 'em and then delete 'em! Of course certain SMS contain information which we need, so just transfer it to a notes program or your calendar.