Advice wanted: iMac Mid 2011 to 680TX

Discussion in 'iMac' started by fyp008, Sep 17, 2013.

1. fyp008 macrumors newbie

I am a newbie to Mac and Forum. I am so used to PC that I can change my hardware anytime.

Anyway, My question is my iMac 27 video card is AMD HD6970M 2048MB. When people said upgrade iMac is Nvidia GeForce 680MX 2048MB. Does that mean, we can pay money to apple care to upgrade the video card of my i7?

My bootcamp not sure what happen but the video card always cannot be detected and get into a blue screen and now the entire windows 7 IE and microsoft office is not working...need to re-install I guess. But I think it is the fault of the video card. I have problems with the DVD drive as well, it can't read many CD or DVD. Any recommendation of good DVD replacement and where to get done?

So frustrated with iMac in PC mode even when in OS X, I have problems in printing in the past 6months, till Xerox and HP come with a new driver for mountain lion..drive me crazy!!! Other than that, I love pages, keynotes, and my photo/video editing can be done much faster.

Love to hear any advise from you expert... I am at a the point that I want to sell my iMac and goes back to PC.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

Apple absolutely does not upgrade hardware after sale, no matter how much money you offer them. If there is a problem they replace with the same part; if you have a 340gb HDD and it fails you get a 340GB HDD, even if you offer more money for a 500 gb HDD.

If you are having trouble with the video, take it to the Apple store.