Advice wanted on which size iPad to buy

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Shivetya, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Shivetya macrumors 65816

How much are you using of your current storage? Will the 16g suffice? Price is not an issue to me but I never believe in buying more than I will reasonably use.

I am looking mostly towards reading books, watching the occasional movie on it (mostly trips), and office work. Yeah, well toss in about 500 songs at most as I usually load my Touch via play lists.

So how much do you use?

2. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

I'm going to get flamed for this but....

Seeing as how you have to use crappy itunes to get everything onto the ipad in the first place.... 16GB is plenty.

Such is my hate for itunes that I'd probably give up after 2GB

3. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

If you have less that 50 gb of media like photos and music, I would go ahead and buy an iPad big enough to hold everything. If you have more than that, I would get the 16gb iPad as you are going to be syncing regardless to swap tuff out.

4. iLucas macrumors 6502

I think the 16gb is enough.
    I have the original 64 gb and i dont use even half of the storage on there and i have 180gb music library and a large movie library.

I plan to get the ipad 2 and i plan on getting the 16gb!

5. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

I have the original 32g, I don't really use that much space however.

6. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I have a 32GB as well and I don't store anything outside of apps on my iPad. I use Dropbox & Quick Office for docs and then I stream all of my music from my MacBook.

7. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

Although I have 32GB on my iPhone, I went for 16GB on my ipad and have about 6GB free. I stream a lot of content and also use the cloud for storage (MoMe for photos and videos, iDisk/Dropbox for files etc) which helps.