Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macusergamer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2011
Ok... so I've been looking around for ages trying to find the impossible, a free mac screen recording software that i could just film something as simple as minecraft on... I've tried downloading movie grab and such... but i found out that the app quicktime player COULD record my screen, but all of it. I've tried movie grab, but their download page was down or messed up. Jing lagged... A LOT. And if someone could get me a working copy of Movie grab or help me with the fact that quicktime player records all corners of my screen, that would be great. Thank you. :rolleyes:

Duouk2000

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2011
UK
I've used Quicktime Player before now, when I select record screen and click the record button it says, "Click to record full screen. Drag to record part of the screen." Both ways work for me and it gets me a smooth recording overall. What it doesn't do is record sound so I use soundflowerbed for that.

If you can't get it to record just part of the screen you could always crop it using some video editing software later of course.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.