Advice

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gizmac, Feb 26, 2011.

1. gizmac macrumors newbie

gizmac

I have a few questions for the mac comunity,

1.Im going to buy the new MBP 13" so i5 or i7?(exept if we see a retina iPad), i intend to keep it for 4 years, and yes im a gamer(W7 via bootcamp)

2.For gaming at home im buying a display (budget 300€), any advice on that (has to be 1920x1080 and 24 or 27").

3.Ill be manually inputting extra 2gigs of ram (2gig and 4gig stick) does the ram have to be a special type?

4.I think im buying apples magic mouse but im not sure any advice i read it doesnt respond well when not on a mousepad.

5.Any advice on good apps im not buying the iwork yet, waiting for the 11 version.

6.I need a messenger bag to go with it. (links appreciated).

7.one more thing what adapter do i need to conect to the projector or the external screen.

That's it i thank you infront for your answers.:apple:

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

If you're a gamer, have you taken a good look at the 15" MacBook Pro? It will be much better suited to gaming with it's discrete graphics card over the 13" MacBook Pro's integrated graphics card. As for the display, any TN panel display will work well for gaming because they have a very fast response time.

I would go with the Logitech Performance Mouse MX over Apple's Magic Mouse, but that's just my personal preference. Neooffice J would probably be a good application for you to get if you're not purchasing iWorks quite yet.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

1. i5 should be fine for you. Both have the same GPU and that is more important in games.

3. DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10600 SODIMM

4. Magic Mouse is horrible for gaming.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

For gaming you may be disappointed in thegpu that's in the 13" gpu. I'd take a closer look at the 15 inch model

5. Evil Spoonman macrumors 6502

6. gizmac thread starter macrumors newbie

gizmac

Id like to thank you for your responses, the Amd's are very tempting but that costs around 2260dollars for the cheapest model, maybe ill convince my parrents, becouse i will need this for all 4 years in high school and the old nvidia graphics suck compared to the amd's