Advice??

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Audrey313, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Audrey313 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hello everyone,

I got a 32 gb iPad 2 about a month ago...it had pretty bad light leakage so I exchanged it. Well, I am now on my 5th one and it still has it to a degree. Now, I realize I'm being a perfectionist here, but when you spend $600+ on something (and I'm a student so I've truly saved up to get this), you want it to be "right". I have read the various threads and posts regarding this and realize that many have it...however, there are those that post that they do not have it whatsoever. So, I continue to exchange it, hoping I will finally get one of those units. I'm tired of driving out to the store, exchanging it, and driving back...but this does bug me. So, without eliciting unnecessary ugly, sarcastic replies that I see so often on here...could you please give me advice here? Am I wasting my time and should just keep it despite this issue? Or should I keep going until I get one that does not have this problem? I would appreciate input!

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

You gotta do what you gotta do. We can't evaluate your device so you need to do what you think is right. If Apple has been replacing your iPad's then there must have been a problem.

3. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Surely after the second time you thought "oh, I might just open it at the store before I leave. "

4. Audrey313 thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I did but their bathroom light willnot turn off and they said that there wasn't a dark room I could go in.

5. Dave421 macrumors member

You're wasting your time. Nearly all panels will have some amount of light leakage. You really need to be realistic and try to actually USE the iPad and see if you're running into situations where the leakage is actually problematic. Unless you're sitting in a pitch black room with brightness on 100% during normal use (and I hope that's not the case unless you're trying to damage your eyes), you'll probably be fine.