Advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macbest, Jul 16, 2008.

1. macbest macrumors newbie

I am contemplating of changing my PC to MAC but I do not know which MAC to buy. The primary use of my computer are for internet browsing, email, watching movies and as an aid in my classes as a professor. I need some advice on which MAC to buy. Would it be enough if I just settle for the Macbook, or should I get a MBA that is lighter or should I get the powerful Macbook Pro. I have heard that Apple will be launching a new Macbook. Do you think I should wait for a couple of months for the new Macbook? When do you think would it be released? I would really need your advice in this matter.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The good news is that this subject has been discussed repeatedly in several threads, so there's a good chance you'll find all the information you want by searching the forums to see what has already been discussed. MacRumors Guides are also a great resource. If you don't find your answer there, let us know and we'll be happy to help! :)

3. showtime macrumors 6502

Either a macbook or a macbook air would fit your needs perfectly. It really depends on your budget and what you'd like to get out of it. As for when to buy I would wait as long as possible since apple never increases pricing on newer models, it is just replaced.