Advise as to what to get

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by camperdown9, Oct 12, 2010.

1. camperdown9 macrumors regular

London, England & Chatillon-Sur-Seine, France
    Hi

My other half has asked me what I want for Christmas and one of the options is to replace my MacBook.

I have a two year old 13" MacBook. All I know about it is the information on the packing list which says the following:

MB 13/2.0/2x1G/250/SD/AP/BT-GBR

I use my MacBook to type the odd letter, I use iCal & MobileMe, for iTunes and sync'ing my iPhones but mainly for the internet. It gets about 5-6 hrs per day internet use.

There is nothing wrong with my current MacBook except that it is slowing down with regards to the internet and it takes a while to open a word or exel doc. I get the spinning beach ball more and more frequently. The battery also does not last very long. I get around two hours internet use on a full charge.

What I am thinking about is either a MacBook Air or a MacBook Pro. What I need your help with is advise. I don't think I store a lot on it.

it says:
    capacity 249.72
    available 133.63
    used 116.09

I don't know what the above really mean.

I am sort keen on the MacBook, but thats because I like the way it looks, but going on what I have told you what would your suggest, Pro or air and which model. The internet is the number one use.

Alex

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

that means that you have a 250GB Hard Drive which has 116GB of data on it. for your uses you don't really need a new computer, but if you're going to get one then I'd say either a macbook air or a macbook pro would work. Get the macbook air if you want it to be very portable so you can easily take it wherever you want and if you don't need more than 1 USB port. If you go for the mac pro then decide on which model by the screen size you prefer, the specs on all of them will be more than enough for what you do.

3. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

How about an iPad? for what you describe as your needs, it would be perfectly suitable.