Advise...MBP 13 i7 or MBA 13 i7?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mdcuk, Nov 2, 2011.

1. mdcuk macrumors newbie

Okay so im looking at buying a mac and was mainly set on a MacBook Pro untill i started looking at the specs of the MacBook Air, Im mainly going to use the notebook for school work and using applications like the adobe creative suit, final cut pro, word processing (office) , web browsing, as well as running windows in parallel to run programs like visual basic. Is the mba's design more future proof than the mbp's? and would a mbp with an ssd be just as fast? Also the mba runs a low voltage cpu what sort of difference will this have compared to the one in the mbp.:confused:

So in short, id like a comparison....link me to any videos if you know some.
    :apple:

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I'd suggest the MBP, but with i5 rather than i7, then consider upgrading the RAM and maybe to an SSD yourself. The MBA design is considerably less "futureproof" than the MBP, although I maintain that there is no such thing as futureproof in the computer world.

I suggest the i5 over the i7 because you don't really see that much of a difference in performance, and $300 is a lot for very little gain.