Advise me please

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mifka, Feb 1, 2008.

1. mifka macrumors member

mifka

Hi! I'm living in Moldova and i bought my Al iMac for 2700$ but it has the gradient issue and is little noisy. I went to the resseler and they made me a purpose: to get replace for my Mac or to chnage it for an Macmini+ Apple HD Cinema Display 23"?
    I'm thinking that this is a good purpose because now the display will be separated from processor but iMac it's an amzing machine.
    I don't bother about 2.0 ghz or 2.4 ghz but i don't know how mini works with leopard.
    Please tell me what can i do?
    Is Macmini+ Apple HD Cinema Display 23" so good to take?
    Thanks!

2. bamaworks macrumors 6502

No way in hell. Mac Mini is significantly slower than the iMac not to mention the fact that you can get a Mini and a ACD for cheaper than the iMac. Don't waste your money!

3. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

the 23" ACD is a better display, but the iMac leaves the Mini for dead. I'd stick with the iMac if I were you.

4. mifka thread starter macrumors member

mifka

But they'll give me back the difference in prices.

5. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

I must agree with bamaworks, but the 23 ACD will give much more accurate colour so if you are into serious image editing having a separate, non-glossy screen is desirable.

It's such a pity that Apple don't have a desktop computer with a separate screen between the Mini and the MacPro

6. mac2maverick macrumors regular

mac2maverick

I find it hard to believe that the 24" is noisy. Is something wrong with it? Have you listened to other 24" machines? I sure as @#$! wouldn't change what you have for the mini even if you're going to get money back.

Best of luck.

7. bamaworks macrumors 6502

Even then I find you'll be rather displeased with the Mini's performance when you compare it to the iMac.

Stick to your guns and get that bad boy replaced!