advise needed - my very first kids apps!

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Jan02, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Jan02 macrumors newbie

Hi, everybody!
    My very first 2 apps for kids have just beed released. MAGIC SORTER (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/magic-sorter/id483332120) and MERRY CUBES (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/merry-cubes-hd/id483333362?mt=8)
    In creating of these 2 apps my 2 daughters (5 and 9) have been taking a very active part - selecting characters, functional issues, testing, of course) and it is very improtant for me to praise them fer the work they've done and stimulate them to create new apps. So I would be very thankful if you have a look at the apps and send you comments on them. In case of getting negative comments I will use them fro improving the apps. Positive comments will a great present for Christmas for the kids and of couse a "push" for new ideas.

I thank you in advance all of you!

2. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

I looked at them on iTunes - cute concept. I assume the cubes one generates a new layout every time so the kids don't just memorize how to solve it. I think the characters and faces are great. With the two levels, assuming it generates new puzzles, it certainly could be a puzzle/game that lasts a while with them.

The sorter app - how many levels does it have? I think the layout looks fun for kids as long as they have enough levels to keep them occupied and not repeating the same thing over and over. I know it's designed for 1-3 year olds, but aside from just having the shapes, does it say aloud the names of the shapes so kids learn what a trapezoid, parallelogram and other shapes are? It's in the educational category - I know the motor skills part is there, but I was just wondering about the "learning" aspect.

Overall - kudos to you and your kids for both of the apps.

Best of success to you!

3. Jan02 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your comment! I have immediately passed it to my kids and there was plenty of joy.
    For the cubes - you are right. Every time new layout and thus the kids do not know how the system works. We already have a couple of ideas on how to make update the game - make different animations by the end of the game, add Play for Time mode (my eldest's suggestion), new characters.
    For the other game MAGIC SORTER - unfortunately we do not have names of the objects recorded and already have an idea of how to do this. Since the game is for very little ones, we decided not to make different levels. Here every time when the game is over, the same game can be played again and again - each time the objects will be played in a different order and and some of them will be replaced. In fact my friends' 1 and a half boy played this game many, many times and this was a chance for the father to play with the boy - he named the objects and colors and it was nice to watch this team playing together.
    I would like to thank you again for your comments which will definitely be a push to new ideas for me and my kids. I would like to give you promo codes for these 2 apps. Hope the kids that will play the games will enjoy them.
    Merry cubes - X4RALTEPML77
    Magic sorter -PLKYRPE3YR9