Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anradu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2014
Hey guys,
Currently on the latest generation Macbook Air 13 base unit - no upgrades.
At the moment my set-up is with the thunderbolt display - but the size differences between the air display and the thunderbolt has me wanting to couple it with another display - so have two with the air in clamshell mode.

BUT. There's a (gaming) niggling part of me that doesn't want to upgrade my xbox 360 to a one and instead get a iMac 27 instead of another thunderbolt display.
Another dilemma I have is that I could buy, three LG wide-screen 21:9 displays, for the price of my existing thunderbolt display - and then save the money for a mac pro.
A friend is selling one cheaper and i'm ever so slightly tempted.

But then I have the issue of continuity in data over the desktop and the laptop...
Thoughts?
Shall I just get another display /or/ replace for LG displays + Mac Pro /or/ iMac ?

I'm rather undecided - probably because i know i shouldn't spend my spare time gaming - perhaps the only reason i would want the iMac - but then again the Mac Pro can run 6 external displays.

THANK you for your thoughts!

anradu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2014
Varies

What do you use your setup for?

It varies. Some video editing projects come up. But more consistently photo editing and otherwise browsing/productivity programs for research in my line of work.
Usually with the necessary news programs running in the background.

Intensive work does come about - and the speed does of course wane in those moments - but not consistently graphic heavy.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I've faced this dilemma in the past as well. Although I always end up wishing I still had something portable.

Currently I've got a great gaming desktop(although it's not a Mac), and I really miss having a portable. I don't really use it for gaming like I have in the past, so I've been shopping for a MacBook Air to replace the MBP I gave away about a year ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.