Advise on used black Macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iag48, Nov 3, 2008.

1. iag48 macrumors regular

I found on Craigslist.org a black Macbook (2.0ghz/120gb/2gb for 850 and 2 and a half years of Apple care.

Isn't this a little too high? He says it will support 4gb of ram but if I remember correctly the early black books only supported 2gb max.

Also Apple refurbished had the latest black book for 1,099.99

What do you think?

2. deorg macrumors 6502

deorg

first is it CORE 2 DUO or coreduo, if its the second forget the deal., and yes ebay for ram and there are a lot of bussines that sell you 2 sticks of 2gb each, for your macbookie

3. iag48 thread starter macrumors regular

I thought all black books were core 2 duo. I have 2.2 macbook already but I really like the black. I'm hoping I can find a cheaper deal.

4. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I defintely think you should be able to find a better deal than that, you should be able to find a newer 2.2ghz blackbook for about that price. I wouldn't ask much more than that for mine.

5. eman macrumors 6502a

No, the blackbook also came in Core duo.

6. gonyr macrumors 6502

I thought almost all macbooks on craigslist were scams. Be careful. The remaining applecare on what seems like an older machine and the possibly mistaken specs are both red flags.

7. eman macrumors 6502a

No, not all macbooks on Craigslist are scams.

8. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Frankly, I'd be wary of any postings of that nature - especially with strange, or unusual specs - on Craigslist.

Buy from someone you know, or trust, or better still, buy a refurb from Apple, which will come with all appropriate and completely trustworthy warranties/guarantees.

Cheers