Advise: Purchasing First MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ChristianR, Jan 30, 2011.

1. ChristianR macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I've been reading the threads and the hype/lack of surrounding the immanent refresh of the MBP line in the coming weeks or months. I've ALSO been on the lookout for good deals. Originally, I was not looking to spend more than a grand on a 13.3, HOWEVER...

I came across this.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...book-Pro-15-core-i5-SEALED-W0QQAdIdZ257488688

I'm heavily interested given the price-tag and am curious; is there a chance that it would be in my benefit to get the newer edition 13.3

Please Advise!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Looks like a scam to me.

Great question. Maybe provide some helpful information (like what you use your machine for) and someone can help you. Since you're asking the question it probably means it won't matter at all- it's highly unlikely the 13" models would be upgraded past the performance specs of the 15" i5.

3. axu539 macrumors 6502a

there is no way that price is legitimate. I would be very wary if I were you.

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

It's obviously a scam. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

5. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

check the laptop out in person and see if it works.

also tell him to send you timestamped pics of the thing on and on a news site (so you know its recent)

6. ChristianR thread starter macrumors newbie

Generally speaking, I'm doing a fair bit of iPhone programming. XCode will be a priority; I'd like to learn the rest of the operating system, the hardware, etc. After being an apple hater for the LONGEST time; and backing windows, I can't do it anymore. Apple has official surpassed them. Between company philosophy's and ****.

Other uses are typical. Photo manipulation here and there, web surfing, videos, etc.

Nothing out of the ordinary.

7. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Stay away. 100% scam. No one would sell it that cheap.

8. miabadboys macrumors member

miabadboys

9. ExiledMafia macrumors regular

10. xdbuix macrumors 6502

it might be legit, or it might not be. You're working with a classified ad, which can mean anything.

For me, i much rather buy it off of amazon or some reliable website just so I know that the computer i'm buying is the real deal. Its always better to be safer than sorry. $900 is still alot remember, put it towards something you kno will work.