Advise setting up iPhone 2g

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jerrybelmont, Feb 25, 2011.

1. jerrybelmont macrumors newbie

Hello fellas, I own an iPhone 4 (my first iPhone) since it came out. I've always loved the form on the original iPhone, and after my gf recently loosing her 3G, I thought of checking an older iPhone in case something horrible happens, I had a back up phone. Today I got lucky and got a killer deal on a 16gb 2g and bought it. However, I tried to sync it and since the previous owner restored it, it must be activated. I don't want to screw up my plan or anything, so I was wondering what should I do as far as setting it up and stuff. Thank you!

2. iMclightning macrumors newbie

Activated via Itunes?

or

Activated via a SIM Carrier?

3. jerrybelmont thread starter macrumors newbie

I am trying to activate it via iTunes, however I can't find my sim card holder (since the 4 carries that little one). So I popped in the old sim off my blackberry and it wants to set up that way. So I am afraid I will mess up my plan or the sim and end up having to go to an att store or something.

4. iMclightning macrumors newbie

Is it locked or unlocked?

If it's a locked phone, you may only be able to activate it with the sim carrier it's locked too....

If it's unlocked then you shouldn't have any trouble:)

5. jerrybelmont thread starter macrumors newbie

It is locked :(, I guess I'll take it to an att store and have them help me. Thank you!

6. iMclightning macrumors newbie